Case Study - Data Cleansing
Our client was a large multi-billion Dollar financial services group headquartered
in North America.
The Business Challenge
The client needed to extract, transform and load customer data from three
pilot client companies into a single Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
offering. The extraction of insurance data would not be easy, as customer
records originated from dated policy based systems and were stored in arcane
data structures. The legacy systems of the client were not customer orientated
and not geared towards their individual business strategies. The solution
would have to be quick, manageable and cost effective.
mi2g managed a two-week pilot to demonstrate the data movement and
cleansing solution. mi2g realised that the CRM success would occur
both at the member company level and that there would need to be three separate
customer information files. In order to cut costs and project timelines, mi2g
re-used as much knowledge and technology as possible across the CRM initiatives.
Tools Used - Copy Manager (Web-Focus), PL/SQL, Oracle8 databases.
· Provided clean unified data for cost cutting CRM programme
· Single solution for data movement, web reporting and services in
Property & Casualty insurance
· Flexibility and scalability to run the same solution on any platform
or system for other companies
· Lower costs, especially with enterprise-wide user licenses appropriate
for multiple deployments, like brokers
· Technology re-usability guaranteed to leverage existing infrastructure
from mi2g for other companies
· 85% of the Customer Information File (CIF) strategy and process is
[CONTINUES - EXCERPT ONLY - FULL VERSION AVAILABLE THROUGH mi2g CONTACT]
|Please fill out the contact
form to receive the full version of this case study in an electronic format.